The Shimano Twin Power FD reels have been upgraded from their previous model in a few key ways. The new metal rotor has been engineered to suppress distortion and twisting under load, and this paired with the super rigid metal Hagane body results in significantly improved overall rigidity. This stiff metal rotor creates a stable winding feel comparable to the Stella. To improve casting performance, Shimano's new long stroke spool design has also been incorporated.
The Twin Power FD reels are incredibly light, strong and durable. They're perfect for the angler looking for premium quality and top-tier performance.
- Hagane Body - The Hagane Body is produced from high rigidity aluminium and magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- Hagane Gear - The Hagane Drive Gear is produced by Shimano’s cold forging technology, without the need for additional machining. This delivers a long lasting smoothness, strength, lightness and power at the very heart of the reel. Traditional diecast, machine cut gears are less durable under heavy loads.
- X-Ship - X-Ship is a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- X-Protect - The contact type triplelip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the ‘silky smooth rotation capacity’, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- Micromodule II - Improved Micro Module gearing, making the reeling extreme smooth.
- G-Free Body - G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel’s centre of gravity closer to the rod. This has been achieved by moving the worm shaft oscillation mechanism 19mm from the bottom of the reel to the top. By moving the centre of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Long Stroke Spool - The long stroke spool design improves casting performance when compared to the previous model due to improved line flow from the spool.
- Silent Drive - Removed ‘clicking’ sound and ‘handle play’ and overall improved smooth reeling.
- Rigid Support Drag - Rigid Support Drag eliminates spool movement and wobble, even at light drag settings. The result is an incredibly smooth drag even at extremely light settings.
- AR-C Spool - Shimano ARC Spool is a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
- S A-RB - Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- One-Piece Bail - The onepiece bail wire has no gap for line to snag on during normal operation. Made of Stainless Steel, it reduces friction and allows the line to get onto the line roller quicker.
Write Your Own Review
Each item in our online store is marked as either a 'Standard Item', 'Large Item', 'Oversized Item' or an 'In-store Only Item', each of which have their own shipping and delivery costs and characteristics stated in the table below.
|Standard Item||Australia Post or Sendle||$8.99 for orders under $60
FREE for orders over $60
|$8.99 regardless of how many standard items are ordered|
|Large Item||Courier||$14.99 per item||Maximum charge of $28.98 per order. Free shipping for all standard items!|
|Oversized Item||Courier||Contact us for cost||Can be picked up in-store at either of our two stores. Alternatively, contact us for delivery.|
|In-store Only Item||n/a||n/a||In-store pickup only regardless of size, weight and/or your location.|
For more details on our shipping click here
If you order an item online and it is not of acceptable quality or does not match the description, you can return it to us either by bringing it to either of our stores, or by sending it back to our Warrawong store.
We also offer change of mind returns provided that you and the product meet our criteria for change of mind returns. See our full returns and refunds policy here.