Before reading this I suggest you watch the video above, it's very informative and tells you everything you need to know!
Ever since the first Saltiga was released in 2002, the demand for heavy-duty saltwater spinning reels has constantly increased. The original Saltiga set a new standard for this category and has continually evolved throughout its eighteen-year history.
Now, in 2020 Saltiga is re-imagined delivering anglers the most technologically advanced Saltiga ever produced. Original Saltiga field-tester Mr Murakoshi says, “the original Saltiga was all about the angler and field tester, 10 Saltiga was all about the engineer and their creations. Now, 20 Saltiga is the perfect mixture of both”
Extensively redesigned and engineered from drag knob to handle the 20 Saltiga features the most advanced list of features ever, to once again affirm itself as the ultimate saltwater spinning reel.
At the heart of the re-design is the brand new Monocoque body. A single piece body capable of holding much larger internal gearing components is machined from high-strength aluminium to provide unheralded strength and improved sealing. Housed within the MQ body, is a brand-new drive gear, providing gear strength more than double that of its predecessor. Diameter has increased 12% against 15 Saltiga, whilst the new G1 Drive Gear is also thicker with a newly designed Tough Digigear concept of larger and deeper cut teeth.
The new MQ body in itself improves upon 15 Saltiga again. The single-piece construction improves the rigidity of the body assembly. Which when used under heavy loads against the ocean’s toughest predators, means 20 Saltiga delivers ultimate strength. The new MQ body also boasts a new rear cover design, eliminating screws from the underside of the reel to improve against intrusion, the cover is also produced from reinforced ABS to eliminate potential electrolysis with the aluminium body. Improved paint & finishing processes also extend the durability to the cosmetic side, delivering much improved corrosion protection.
The improvements just keep on coming, with a brand-new aluminium Air Rotor delivering more than double the rigidity against 15 Saltiga. The change to an aluminium construction rotor, which comes with increased weight, was enabled by clever engineering of the newly designed shape keeping the weight increase to a minimum.
Improvements have also been made to the spool & drag assembly, where drag pressures have been increased to an astounding 25/30kg. Limited by the spool capacity, Daiwa engineers created a new drag stack, increasing the number of washers to deliver ten times the drag durability compared to 15 Saltiga. A newly designed aluminium Radiation Drag Knob delivers improved cooling & heat dissipation compared to 15 Saltiga thanks to its aluminium construction and increased size compared to 14 Expedition. A newly designed ABS Longcast lip design offers improved casting performance and enhanced line management. A noticeable lack of porting and a unique under-side lip in the spool design is another deliberate strategy to minimise water intrusion under the spool.
20 Saltiga is designed to ‘Break Your Record’ with every piece and point carefully selected to help anglers achieve their fishing dreams. Made in Japan and bulging at the seams with technology, 20 Saltiga is design excellence like only Daiwa can deliver, and strength and power that only Saltiga can offer.
- Monocoque Body - MQ Body will take Saltiga to the next level. The MQ system does not require a body cover, instead using an engine plate to screw directly to the body. Eliminating the need for screws to hold a body cover in place. MQ body improves the strength of the reel, it also improves the water-resistance of the body and allows a larger diameter drive gear to be installed.
- G1 Duralumin Drive Gear - The larger diameter drive gear. Increasing the diameter by 12% and also increasing thickness reduces the amount of wear, including twist and deformation to both the drive & pinion gears. In comparison to 15 Saltiga, it is more than double the strength. New gear design combined with MQ body makes 20 Saltiga the pinnacle of saltwater spinning reels.
- Aluminium Air Rotor - More than twice as rigid. The newly designed aluminium air rotor is more than double the rigidity compared to 15 Saltiga. It is also 50% more durable than the famous original Z series Saltiga of 2002.
- Automatic Tournament Drag (ATD) - Drag durability more than 10 times that of 15 Saltiga. In comparison to 15 Saltiga drag washers it is more than 10 times more durable with significantly increased drag longevity. Adding drag washers means the workload is spread evenly across the drag stack. By designing the drag with smaller washers, the maximum pressure per washer is decreased, but by adding more washers increased pressure is created.
- ABS Long Cast Spool - Compared to conventional spools, the LC-ABS has been shown to increase the average flight distance by approx. 5% due to its reduced weight and modified shape.
- Air Rotor - Lighter, stronger and more balanced than any rotor system that’s come before, ‘Air Rotor’ delivers a great leap forward in rotor design and function and delivers the ultimate line roller support. Made from Zaion and featuring a redesigned arch that disperses pressure to the lower section of the rotor to reduce stressing and flexing, the design is further enhanced with a hollowed out construction reducing weight, while increasing reel sensitivity and rotational balance.
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings (CRBB) - Lasting 12 times longer than standard stainless steel bearings Daiwa’s CRBBs feature specially treated stainless steel, and a protective shield on the bearing race that seals out sand, fine grit, salt crystals and other abrasives. The result is a longer lasting bearing that’s protected from the corrosive elements that destroy traditional bearings.
- Air Bail - Daiwa’s innovative bail design features a hollow tubular stainless steel bail that delivers maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. Featuring a smooth protrusion-free design and construction line easily slides unencumbered along the Air Bail towards the line roller for trouble free line control.
- Mag Sealed Body - Ultimate protection is delivered to the engine room of the reel with a magnetised oil seal located on the main shaft of the reel’s rotor shutting the door to the elements and unwanted intruders. Dust, water, and salt intrusion into the inner workings of a reel are a thing of the past with MagSeal.
- Mag Sealed Bearings - MagSeal protection is no longer just for the main shaft and rotor of a reel with MagSealed Ball Bearings providing ultimate protection for the most at risk location such as the engine side plate and line roller.
- Mag Sealed Line Roller - One of the hardest working and exposed areas of a spin reel is provided with ultimate protection with a MagSealed line roller bearing shutting out the elements for optimum line roller protection, performance and longevity.
- Twist Buster II - The new and improved line twist reduction system takes line taming to another level with its tapered line roller enhanced to eliminate line twist like never before. More advanced and more equipped at reducing twist in fluorocarbon and mono than its predecessor, Twistbuster II is the answer to your line twist nightmares.
- Silent Ocillation - Silent Oscillation combines Digigear drive technology with dampening washes for noise free operation. Increased durability, and a reduction in reel noise are all achieved with Silent Oscillation.
- Metal Ball Knob - Providing maximum contact between handle knob and hand, ball knobs are designed for optimal rotation balance, rotation, and functionality.
Write Your Own Review
Each item in our online store is marked as either a 'Standard Item', 'Large Item', 'Oversized Item' or an 'In-store Only Item', each of which have their own shipping and delivery costs and characteristics stated in the table below.
|Standard Item||Australia Post or Sendle||$8.99 for orders under $60
FREE for orders over $60
|$8.99 regardless of how many standard items are ordered|
|Large Item||Courier||$14.99 per item||Maximum charge of $28.98 per order. Free shipping for all standard items!|
|Oversized Item||Courier||Contact us for cost||Can be picked up in-store at either of our two stores. Alternatively, contact us for delivery.|
|In-store Only Item||n/a||n/a||In-store pickup only regardless of size, weight and/or your location.|
For more details on our shipping click here
If you order an item online and it is not of acceptable quality or does not match the description, you can return it to us either by bringing it to either of our stores, or by sending it back to our Warrawong store.
We also offer change of mind returns provided that you and the product meet our criteria for change of mind returns. See our full returns and refunds policy here.